In order to protect your account, the passcode for M&T Web Banking and M&T Web Banking for Business require the following:
- At least one upper case letter
- At least one lower case letter
- 8 - 20 characters
Here is an example of a passcode that meets the requirements.
Here are some helpful hints to keep in mind when typing in your new passcode and accessing your accounts.
- Make sure your "Caps Lock" is not on
- Do not use your existing Favorites or Bookmarks to access M&T Web Banking and/or Web Banking for Business, you should always access it through www.mtb.com
- Your passcode cannot be the same as your user ID
- You cannot use more than 3 repeating characters
- You cannot use special characters (For example: &, *, !, %)
- Numbers are optional