Keeping your information private is our number one concern. M&T Web Trading was designed to make investing online as secure as it is convenient. Described below are just some of the measures we've taken to protect your financial information:
- Unique User Identification - M&T requires three separate pieces of identification to properly identify you during enrollment. Your User ID and Password will be required to view your accounts or place a trade.
- Image Identification - An image and personal phrase, chosen by you, will be displayed during the login process. The purpose of the image and phrase is to let you know that you are logging into a genuine web site. You should not attempt to login to the site if the image and phrase is not present or different than what you have established.
- Challenge Questions - You will be prompted to select and answer a set of questions that will be used in conjunction with you User ID and Password. Anytime the web site does not recognize the computer that you are using to log in from, you will be prompted to answer one of your challenge questions for added security.
- Encryption and Secure Browsers - To use M&T Web Trading, we require that you use a secure browser with 128-bit SSL encryption.
- Session Timeout - We will close your connection to M&T Web Trading after 20 minutes of inactivity.
Measures You Can Take
In addition to all the security measures we have put in place, we recommend that you take the following actions to further protect your information:
- Don't leave your computer during a Web Trading session. Always "sign-off" of Web Trading when you complete a session or leave your computer.
- Select a User ID and Password that are difficult to guess, but easy for you to remember. We suggest that you avoid using family member names, local sports names, birth dates, anniversaries, addresses, or phone numbers.
- Do not share your User ID or Password with anyone. An M&T employee will never need to know your Password and you should never give it to anyone claiming to represent M&T Securities, Inc. or M&T Bank.
If you feel your Passcode or User ID have been compromised, let us know immediately by calling 1-800-724-7788. Do not send us this information via e-mail.