We have you covered no matter where your business takes you.
Through our relationships with some of the leading industry experts, M&T Insurance Agency, Inc. has the ability to work with clients to develop innovative commercial insurance and risk management solutions. Captive programs can offer invaluable cost and control benefits that can be tailored to each client's size and goals.
- Single parent/pure captives. Insurance companies created by owners of an operating business to provide coverages to the parent and its subsidiaries
- Micro-captives. Pure captives that write less than $1.2 million in annual premium and are taxed under Internal Revenue Code § 831(b) and pay tax only on their investment income
- Risk retention groups. Member-owned insurance companies for those who engage in similar or related businesses or activities. M&T can write liability insurance for all or any portion of the exposures of group members
- Association captives. Owned by members of a common industry or trade association that is designed to insure the risks of that industry among the members of the association
- Group captives. Jointly owned by a number of companies to meet a common insurance need
- Sponsored/rent-a-captives. Often used for programs too small to justify their own captive
While each situation can be different, some potential benefits may include:
- Long-term stability and control
- Potential cost savings
- Improved coverage and limits
- Enhanced claims management and loss control
- Cash flow advantages
- Direct access to the reinsurance market
Captive Management Services
Through our highly experienced team of captive insurance and administrative professionals, we provide services for our captive client's administrative needs, from captive creation through ongoing management and regulatory compliance. We are committed to giving our clients a high level of consistent and customized service required for the most complex transactions.
Our complimentary Captive Program Due Diligence Review process involves three important stages:
- Needs assessment. Review your current program to help you determine the type of captive that may be the most appropriate for your company's needs
- Program design. Leverage our relationships with a variety of insurance and service providers to help you identify the best combination of coverage and cost. Utilize the assessment to form the appropriate captive structure to meet your needs
- Recommendation. Present our findings to you and make a recommendation for your coverage
Once your captive program is in place, M&T Insurance Agency remains actively involved to help you manage your coverage and administrative needs.