Short & Long-Term Solutions for Municipalities & School Districts
As a leader in bank-qualified, tax-free municipal financing, M&T Bank helps municipal governments and school districts utilize short-term anticipation notes for a period of less than 12 months, or general obligation notes for longer-term needs.
Tax, bond and revenue anticipation notes allow organizations to borrow money to finance projects like infrastructure or school construction, and then pay off the loan with future expected revenue or tax collections.
We offer three short-term financing options:
- Tax Anticipation Note (TAN). Supports cash flow needs
- Bond Anticipation Note (BAN). Supports startup costs of bond projects
- Revenue Anticipation Note (RAN). Funds cash flow needs while waiting for various revenue sources
For long-term needs, we offer general obligation notes that provide a competitive method of paying for many types of capital projects.
Why choose M&T Bank?
Local municipal officials count on the service, reliability and professionalism that we provide. Some benefits to our financing options include:
- Competitive, tax-free fixed rates
- Drawdown accounts
- Standardized documentation
- Strict adherence to all regulatory procedures and restrictions in issuing each and every loan
Find out how we can help.
To learn more about M&T's tax, bond and revenue anticipation notes and general obligation notes, please call Andy Fish at 410-244-4120 or contact your M&T Government Banker directly.