- Keeping your business information secure is our number one priority. M&T Web Banking for Business was designed to make banking online as secure as it is convenient. Described below are just some of the measures that we have taken to protect your financial information:
- Unique user identification. To sign on to M&T Web Banking for Business, each user must know his or her unique User ID and passcode combination. In addition, each user will establish person Security Questions that will be used periodically to provide additional authentication.
- Personal Security Questions. You will create personal security questions when you enroll in Web Banking for Business. One of your security questions will be asked periodically after you enter your User ID and Passcode. Once asked, you will be required to correctly answer your question before accessing your accounts.
- Individual transaction rights. The Company Administrator has the ability to limit the types of transactions that each individual can complete online.
- Encryption and Secure Browsers. To use M&T Web Banking for Business, we require that you use a secure browser with 128-bit encryption to communicate with M&T.
Measures You Can Take:
In addition to all the security measures we have put in place, we recommend that you take the following actions to further protect your information.
- Don't leave your computer during a Web Banking or Bill Pay session. Always "sign-off" of Web Banking for Business when you complete a session or leave your computer.
- Select a User ID, Passcode, and Security Questions that are difficult to guess, but easy for you to remember. We suggest that you avoid using family member names, local sports names, birth dates, anniversaries, addresses or phone numbers.
- Do not share your User ID or Passcode with anyone. M&T will never request for your User ID or Passcode and you should never give it to anyone claiming to represent M&T Bank.
If you feel your Passcode or User ID has been compromised, let us know immediately by phone at 1-800-724-6070.