Supporting Our Military
Our military and veteran employees have demonstrated their responsibility and valuable contributions to the M&T team. We are proud to support our Guard and National Reserve employees and show that commitment through our annual renewal of the national Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve's Statement of Support Program by offering those with an obligation to serve additional time off.
We host or participate in numerous events each year aimed at reaching military and veteran job seekers. We also
partner with local and national organizations to source candidates and post our positions.
Veterans Employee Resource Group
M&T's Veterans Employee Resource Group is open to all employees and focuses on community outreach to support employees who are active or former military members.
The Veterans Employee Resource Group provides:
- Informal mentoring of new military and veteran employees
- Assistance with a smooth assimilation into M&T
- Military and veteran candidate referrals to Human Resources for consideration
- Assistance in mapping Military Occupation Classifications (MOCs) to M&T's jobs
- Veterans Day appreciation activities
- Participation in community programs including the Yellow Ribbon Fund, Wounded Warrior Project and regional events
Military Leave Benefits
M&T provides numerous military job benefits to our military and veteran employees who need to take leave from their job to serve in the armed forces (including the National Guard and Reserves). M&T also provides reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
Military & Veteran Employee Benefits
- Military leave pay (three standard work weeks of full pay for annual training)
- Differential pay (during active duty)
- Healthcare benefits coverage
- Life insurance coverage
- Reemployment rights
Financial benefits and protections
Build your future at M&T.
Join our team and you'll understand our dedication to being the best place our employees ever work. Search career opportunities and apply for a position with M&T.
Get Started >