Working Capital Financing for Exporters
M&T uses the programs of the Export-Import Bank of the U.S. and the Small Business Administration to make an aggressive valuation of an exporter's collateral. These programs make possible the extension of increased loan amounts and expanded credit criteria-helping meet exporters' working capital needs.
The benefits of working capital financing include:
- Work in Process financing
- Letter of Credit financing
- Flexible financing
- Fast service
- M&T has delegated authority up to $7.5 million per exporter
Export Credit Insurance
Exporters are often asked to offer extended credit terms to international buyers - commonly 30 to 60 days after shipment. Due to issues such as political volatility in the importing country and the buyer's credit history, the exporter may be apprehensive to agree to such terms. Export credit insurance, available through the Export-Import Bank and private insurance companies, can help protect the exporter in these situations.
Export Credit Insurance allows you to:
- Gain a competitive edge over your competition by providing attractive open credit terms to international buyers
- Mitigate risk of non-payment
- Access working capital by including foreign accounts receivable in a borrowing base
- Increase customer/country sales activities
Financing International Buyers
M&T Bank's Export Finance Division provides direct financing to international buyers of U.S. exported capital equipment and services. Loans, which are either insured or guaranteed by the Export-Import Bank of the United States, generally have repayment terms ranging from three to seven years. This medium-term financing is U.S. dollar-based, and is offered at extremely attractive interest rates to the international borrower.