M&T's Debt Capital Markets professionals provide public and private middle-market companies with both efficient access to, and strong execution in, the broader debt markets. These investment bankers structure debt financings that align the needs of the issuer with the risk reward profile of investors. Whether the project is single asset in nature, merger/acquisition-oriented or a specialty tax-exempt transaction, M&T investment banking professionals are able to present issuers with execution capabilities at all levels of the capital structure.
Products and Services
Loan Syndication. As the administrative agent and lead arranger, we coordinate all activities associated with syndicating a bank loan.
Debt Private Placement. The Debt Capital Market Group can efficiently execute the private placement of debt, thus maximizing the borrower flexibility and privacy (no SEC disclosure) as they access the middle part of the yield curve (5-10 years).
The M&T Advantage
Experienced investment banking professionals assist you in evaluating strategic opportunities, determining optimal debt capital structures, and accessing the markets to meet your objectives. The bank has been successful in raising capital for issuers on transactions ranging from $5 million to $350 million.
Our distribution network includes a broad range of institutional, bank and non-bank financial investors, enabling the group to generate market competition for participation in your financing.
M&T Bank's special industry groups offer extensive knowledge and execution capacity to companies in the real estate, financial institutions and healthcare industries.
We have a proven track record in financing highly structured transactions that are leveraged, asset-based or involve a financial sponsor.
Benefits to your Company
- Focused management of the debt capital structures of closely held and small, publicly traded companies.
- Enhanced time and negotiating efficiencies, due to the appointment of a single institution as the placement agent and/or lead arranger.
- Simplified transactions through the use of one set of documents for all investors party to the deal.
- No more reliance on one financial institution, due to the creation of a multi-bank lending platform capable of absorbing larger dollar commitments.
- Reduced administrative burden since the administrative agent manages tasks associated with the bank syndicate.
- Getting Started
For more information, or to start enjoying the benefits of M&T Debt Capital Markets Services, contact the M&T Investment Banking Group at (410) 244-3849 or e-mail us.