Private Placement is the direct sale of debt or equity securities to a limited number of qualified individuals and or institutional investors, such as high net worth individuals, Insurance companies and Mutual Funds. Generally speaking, the proceeds of a private placement are used to finance growth initiatives, acquisitions, buyouts and general capital expenditures.
- Senior Debt Private Placement
- Senior note offerings range from $10 million to more than $500 million. Maturities from 3 to 30 years can be executed in the traditional private placement market, the bank syndication market, and the asset-backed market. M&T Investment Banking is able to offer the following senior debt instruments:
- Investment Grade (NAIC 1 or 2) & Below Investment Grade Notes (NAIC 3 or 4)
- Secured & Unsecured Transactions
- Traditional (Best Efforts) as well as Underwritten
For more information on Senior Debt, please contact John Whalen at 410-244-3489 or via email at at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mezzanine Capital
- Mezzanine capital is typically arranged as a component of a comprehensive debt structure. Mezzanine financing is often accompanied by some combination of senior debt, and the issuance of common or preferred stock. Subordinated debt is available for 7 to 12 years or longer. The transaction size for a traditional private subordinated debt issuance can range from $5 million to $70 million or more. M&T Bank's alliance partner also underwrites Rule 144A and public high yield securities. Underwritten Rule 144A and public high yield financings typically range from $70 million to $500 million. M&T Investment Banking makes the following types of mezzanine capital available for private placement:
- Subordinated Debt
- Rule 144A and Public High Yield Subordinated Debt Underwritings Convertible Subordinated Debt
- Private Equity
- Private equity can be used to bolster balance sheet in support of growth goals, acquisition financing or corporate recapitalization to provide liquidity for existing shareholders. M&T Investment Banking can assist a potential private equity issuer in offering a control stake in a company or a minority interest, as circumstances warrant. In this process, M&T Investment Banking will identify the appropriate equity provider, considering the current ownership structure, corporate culture, and strategic and financial objectives.
- Structured Financing
- Structured financing helps companies achieve various financial objectives including off-balance sheet financing, lowering financial costs by monetizing or securitizing receivables, loans, leases, or long-term contracts, transferring tax-benefits that cannot be utilized efficiently, or credit risk sharing.
For more information on Mezzanine Capital, Private Equity or Structured Financing, please contact AnneMarie at 410-244-4875 or via email at email@example.com.