You generate revenue by using equipment…not owning it.
Discover how equipment leasing can conserve cash flow and improve bottom-line performance. M&T Commercial Equipment Leasing has helped organizations, large and small, address their equipment requirements.
Structured to handle virtually any type of equipment, M&T Commercial Equipment Leasing can finance:
- Machine tools/ industrial
- Materials handling
- Furniture, fixtures and office
- Computers, networks and telecommunications
- Energy performance
- Corporate aircraft
CEF has Lease Sales Representatives (LSRs) located in each of the geographic markets within M&T Bank’s footprint, from Upstate NY to Central Virginia.
How Equipment Lease Financing Works
M&T Commercial Equipment Leasing offers a comprehensive range of products, with complete flexibility to design the lease to suit your individual requirements. We are experts in providing both tax oriented leases and non-tax oriented leases, with a minimum transaction size of $250,000.
Tax-Oriented Lease Products
- Fair market value leases offer a variety of buyout options
- Terminal rental adjustment clause (TRAC) leases are used to finance titled, commercial vehicles
Non-Tax-Oriented Lease Products
- Conditional Sales Contracts give lessees full use of equipment, under the lease agreement, and transfer title once equipment has been paid off
- Municipal leases provide tax-exempt interest rates to municipal customers
- Tax-Exempt Lease Purchase Agreements offer financing solutions for entities incorporated as Non-Profit 501(C)(3) organizations (private schools, universities, hospitals and other not-for-profit organizations)
The Benefits of Equipment Lease Financing
- Conservation of Cash Flow – Tax-oriented lease payments are smaller than those associated with traditional term loan financing, increasing a company’s cash flow
- No Down Payment – Companies can avoid down payments, which may be required under traditional financing methods
- Balance Sheet Considerations – By leasing rather than buying, companies reduce balance sheet debt, potentially improving financial ratios and preserving borrowing capacity
- Tax Benefits – Some companies, such as those that are capital intensive or subject to Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) or midquarter convention, are unable to optimize tax benefits from owning equipment. Companies can utilize tax-oriented leases to transfer the tax benefits of equipment ownership to M&T in exchange for lower rental payments
- Flexibility – We offer structuring flexibility in lease terms and extensions, early termination options and payment schedules
- Keep Pace with Technology – Lease terms can be set to match the useful life of equipment that can quickly become obsolete
To learn more about Commercial Equipment Leasing, please send us an email at CEFInquiries@mtb.com.