For more information
Call us at
Email us at
PO Box 900
Millsboro, DE 19966
At M&T, we appreciate your service to our country and understand that you may have some concerns about your financial obligations while on active duty. As a servicemember, you may be entitled to financial benefits and/or protections as part of the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA).
SCRA Benefits Eligibility
Active duty US Military members may be eligible for benefits and/or protections related to your accounts with M&T Bank, including, Mortgages, Home Equity Lines of Credit, Student Loans, Credit Cards and Auto, Marine and other Installment Loans and Lines:
- Reduction or limits on interest rates. You may be entitled to a 6% interest rate cap (inclusive of certain fees) if you had an existing M&T loan that was disbursed prior to active duty. A written request, along with your active duty orders, is required
- Extended benefit timeframe. SCRA requires that a lender extend interest rate and fee benefits on obligations secured by real property for a period of 12 months beyond the date your military service ends. Our program goes a step further, offering these benefits on all loans and lines, regardless of whether they are secured by real property
- Protection from foreclosure. SCRA generally prevents lenders from foreclosing on servicemembers during active duty and for 12 months after your military service ends. This protection applies to loans disbursed prior to active duty and is automatic without the need to submit a protection request
- Protection from repossession. SCRA generally prevents lenders from repossessing property from servicemembers during active duty. This protection applies to loans disbursed prior to active duty and is automatic without the need to submit a protection request
Interest Rate Benefit Requests
Requests for SCRA interest rate benefits may be submitted to M&T in the following ways:
- Mail sent to PO Box 900, Millsboro, DE 19966
- Fax to 1-888-378-8444
- In person delivery at a full-service branch location
- E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interest Rate Benefit Request Requirements
- A written request accompanied by your active duty orders. We will review your orders and accounts to determine your eligibility
- Provide enough information to ensure that we can identify your loan or credit product
- Requests and documentation must be received by M&T within 180 days from the end date of your military service
- Only one request is needed for us to identify all accounts owned and serviced by M&T Bank
- A friend or family member may submit the request on your behalf
Need more information?
Call our dedicated M&T Bank SCRA Servicing Team at 1-855-350-SCRA (7272) Toll Free/302-934-4872 International 8:30am to 5pm ET (Monday – Friday), email us at email@example.com or write us at PO Box 900, Millsboro, DE 19966.
For Non-SCRA related inquiries you can contact our Telephone Banking team at 1-800-724-2440 or visit our M&T Customer Service page for more information.
NMLS # 381076