Skip to content

Does M&T Bank require flood insurance on properties?


If your home is located in a flood zone, YES.

During the processing of your loan, M&T will order a flood determination. If the results show that the home is located in a flood zone, M&T will notify you of that fact and require that you obtain sufficient flood insurance coverage prior to closing, when you sign the note and mortgage for your loan.

Being armed with this information may help inform your decisions and will ensure that your property is adequately covered if necessary.