Your financial situation can be complex – assets, family, charitable intentions, goals and tax efficiency are all considerations. Establishing a trust is one of the most important steps you can take for the proper management and transition of your finances.
With more than 100 years of experience in providing trust and fiduciary services, we understand the effectiveness of personal trusts as tools in preserving and transferring your wealth. We can serve as a corporate trustee, co-trustee or agent for a trustee.
Serving as trustee, M&T Bank provides a comprehensive range of trust and discretionary investment advisory services tailored to your unique circumstances. In addition, as trustee, we assist clients in developing investment guidelines aligned with goals and objectives of each trust and the needs of current nd future beneficiaries.
Examples of goals and objectives for a trust may include:
- Minimizing taxes
- Avoiding the expense and delay of probate
- Protecting beneficiaries
- Providing benefits for charity
- Transferring assets from one generation to another
- Providing disability protection
M&T Bank’s Trust department consists of experienced specialists with expertise in these complex issues and the laws that govern a diverse array of trusts including:
- Living (revocable) trusts
- Irrevocable trusts
- Charitable split interest trusts
- Special needs trusts
- Marital trusts
- Crummey trusts
- Family trusts
- Generation-skipping trusts
- Testamentary trusts
Our Trust Administration Specialists Offer Highly Personalized Service
We work with you to examine your situation and identify strategies designed to preserve and pass on your wealth. Our experienced administrators are dedicated to meeting the needs of each client and delivering superior, responsive service.
Our services include:
- Trust accounting, record keeping and tax reporting
- Safekeeping of assets
- Fiduciary tax return and personal tax reporting
- Estate administration
- Philanthropy and planned giving
- IRA administration
- Specialized fiduciary services, including real estate management and insurance trust administration
Learn more about M&T Bank’s trust and fiduciary services. To meet confidentially with a Trust and Estate Planning specialist, please call us at 1-800-624-4116.