We’re committed to protecting your M&T Online Banking experience.
- Your financial and personal information is protected with 256-bit SSL encryption
- You must provide three separate pieces of identification during enrollment
- You will always be asked to enter your unique User ID and Passcode upon login
- You are periodically asked to answer personalized security questions to gain account access
- You will be automatically logged out after 10 minutes of inactivity
You can also take these precautions to help safeguard your personal information:
- Select a unique User ID and Passcode for M&T services, and choose Security Questions that are difficult to guess, but easy for you to remember
- Do not share your User ID or Passcode with anyone
- Don't step away from your computer during an online banking session
- Always log out of your online banking session
- Don't use public or unprotected Wi-Fi to access online banking
- Always use a trusted PC for all your financial transactions such as a dedicated personal computer and never use a shared public PC for financial transactions
- Take note of the look and feel of the online banking pages as unadvertised changes to these pages could indicate you have connected to a fraudulent page
If you are concerned that your M&T Online Banking account has been compromised, please contact M&T Online Customer Service at 1-800-790-9130 (Mon-Fri 8am-9pm, Sat-Sun 9am-5pm ET).