Maintaining the security of your M&T Web Banking account is our number one concern. Below are just some of the measures we've taken to protect your personal and financial information.
- Unique Identification at Enrollment
M&T requires three separate pieces of identification to properly identify you during Web Banking enrollment.
- Personal Security Questions
You will create personal security questions when you enroll in Web Banking. One of your security questions will be asked periodically after you enter your User ID and Passcode. Once asked, you will be required to correctly answer your question before accessing your accounts.
- Unique Identification and Passcode at Sign on
Your User ID and Passcode will be required to sign on to view your accounts. In addition, your M&T Debit card or ATM PIN will be required for internal fund transfers and for using M&T Web Bill Pay.
- Last Activity Date
We will display the last date you logged onto Web Banking. This date appears on your Account Summary page.
Measures You Can Take:
In addition to all the security measures we have put in place, we recommend that you take the following actions to further protect your information.
- Don't leave your computer during a Web Banking or Bill Pay session. Always "sign-off" of Web Banking when you complete a session or leave your computer.
- Select a User ID, Passcode, and Security Questions that are difficult to guess, but easy for you to remember. We suggest that you avoid using family member names, local sports names, birth dates, anniversaries, addresses or phone numbers.
- Do not share your User ID or Passcode with anyone. M&T will never request for your User ID or Passcode and you should never give it to anyone claiming to represent M&T Bank.
If you feel your Passcode or User ID has been compromised, let us know immediately by phone at 1-800-790-9130.