We recommend the following to optimize your Web Trading experience:
- Operating Systems Supported
For Windows PC users: Vista, XP
For Apple PC users: OS X (10.4.x - 10.5.x)
- Browsers Supported
For Windows PC users: Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) 6 and 7
Firefox 2 and 3 (with JRE plugin 1.4x or higher)
For Apple PC users: Safari 3.x (with JRE plugin 1.4x or higher)
Would you like more information?
Below are commonly asked questions about Web Trading system requirements:
- How do I determine my browser's encryption level?
For Microsoft Internet Explorer®:
From Internet Explorer's file menu click on "Help". Select "About Internet Explorer". On the screen that appears, the Cipher strength should say "128-bit"
- What is the appropriate use of the Back and Forward functions on Web Trading?
For optimal performance, the Back and Forward Browser Buttons should not be used. This navigation strategy is not recommended when using Web Trading, as it will not work across primary or 1st level menu items. With certain browsers, the User will inadvertently log themselves out of the application.
- Is it normal to see some slowness in performance upon login to Web Trading?
Yes. Upon login, the User may experience some slowness, however, the application's performance may increase with continuous usage shortly after login. Also, the User may experience slowness after leaving the desktop for a period of time.
- What is the length of time before Web Trading times out and the user will be forced to log back in?
Web Trading will timeout after 20 minutes of inactivity.