Below are some helpful hints on enrolling and using Web Banking. If you have questions not answered below, please contact us at 1-800-790-9130.
View M&T Web Banking Demo
Your passcode must include at least 1 upper case and 1 lower case letter. View additional tips to keep in mind when creating your new passcode and accessing your accounts.
2. Web Bill Pay
- When you enroll in Web Bill Pay, the enrollment process requires you to select an account to assess the fee for the service. As a valued customer transitioning to M&T, you will receive Web Bill Pay for free regardless of the account you choose.
- If you have issues accessing your Provident payees, please contact us at 1-800-790-9130.
- When importing a large number of payees, your session may time out. To avoid this from happening, please click on the keyboard periodically to keep your session active.
3. Exporting Data
If you typically export data to versions of Quicken 2004 or more recent, you will need to enroll in M&T Online to continue to have that capability. Please print off the form and return it to us via fax or mail.
4. Provident Account History
Provident account history is not available within M&T Web Banking. Please contact 1-800-414-9435 for help with specific inquiries. Please note, Provident Bill Pay history is available within M&T Web Banking once you enroll.
5. Web Banking Enrollment With PIN
Enrolling in Web Banking with your M&T Debit Card or ATM card and PIN provides you with immediate access to your accounts. Remember to refer to the PIN mailer you received with the 4-digit PIN for the M&T card you are using for enrollment. View M&T Web Banking Demo
6. Difficulties Logging Into M&T Web Banking
If you are having difficulties signing on to Web Banking, try to adjust your Internet Explorer settings.
- Click on "Internet Options" in the "Tools" list in the Internet Explorer tool bar
- Select the "Content Tab"
- Click on "Enable"
You may also want to try deleting Favorites or Bookmarks.
7. Importing Payees
Avoid time out sessions while editing imported payees by doing the following:
- When editing a large number of payees (i.e. more than 20), try editing a few at a time.
- If you clicked on "Select All" to edit a large number of payees and experience a time out session while editing, try clicking on "Deselect All".