Terms & Requirements for M&T Suppliers
Supplier Requirements for Travel and Security Clearance
The following information sets forth some of M&T's expectations and requirements for its suppliers in regard to travel and security. This represents only a subset of M&T's expectations and requirements for its Suppliers. It is by no means an exclusive or exhaustive list. Other requirements may be set forth in your agreement with M&T.
Equal Opportunity Notice
Contractors and subcontractors shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4 and related regulations regarding affirmative action. These regulations prohibit discrimination and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Suppliers must be approved by M&T in advance of any expectation for payment
- Suppliers should only invoice M&T for services or products actually and successfully provided to M&T
- Payment will be in US Dollars only
- M&T's preferred means of payment is via a Visa electronic payment (Visa Net 20)
- Suppliers are encouraged to enroll with the Ariba Network for e-Invoices
- Any fees associated with invoicing or payment networks will be borne by the supplier
- In line with standard industry practices, M&T calculates payment terms based upon the receipt of a compliant invoice. To avoid rejection or delay, each invoice submitted should be accurate and describe in detail the product or service provided, including when and where it was delivered or performed
- Suppliers will submit tax documentation to M&T at the time of initial set-up or upon invoice, depending on applicable tax laws. All M&T Suppliers will be asked to complete a W-9 or W-8 form for tax reporting purposes, and may be called upon by M&T to help accurately assess the tax implication of an engagement. Each Supplier is responsible for invoicing in compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations. M&T may be required to deduct and withhold applicable tax from invoice payments based on the Supplier, or its products or services. M&T is by no means authorized to provide Supplier with tax advice. Suppliers should rely on their own tax advisors for tax questions and advice.
- M&T conducts due diligence/anti-money-laundering/crime prevention checks throughout the life of a Supplier relationship. Accordingly, M&T may sometimes require additional information from Suppliers before we can make payments as well as to initiate new Supplier relationships. Such delays will be excused by the Suppliers.
- M&T may set off any amounts owed to M&T by a Supplier under any applicable agreement against any outstanding invoices by that Supplier.
Confidentiality: M&T expects that our suppliers will respect and protect the confidential and proprietary information of M&T. Suppliers of M&T play a critical role in safeguarding this information. If, through their support of M&T, a Supplier gains access to such information, it is imperative that the Supplier take the appropriate precautions to prevent the unauthorized access to, or disclosure of, this information. The very existence of a relationship between a supplier and M&T may constitute confidential information. A Supplier should never promote or advise others of its relationship with M&T without M&T's prior written consent.