M&T Bank reserves the right and retains sole discretion to determine whether to approve or reject any image you submit for approval through the
M&T Custom Card Design Studio. Certain types of images are unacceptable to M&T Bank and Visa® and may not be allowed.
To help you choose a personalized image that will be approved, please review the guidelines below.
Non-Qualifying Image Types
Images will be rejected based on the following criteria. Please note that this is a general list, and each image will be reviewed separately.
- Any trademarks, servicemarks or trade dress (including, but not limited to, product packaging and design) that you do not have the right to use on your Custom Card, including, but not limited to, the name, abbreviation, acronym, logo, image, slogan, branding, product or other identifying trademarks of any third party (including any other bank, credit union, financial institution or card company)
- M&T Business Debit and Credit Card limited logo usage: On an exception basis, company logos that appear to be owned by the business (with a deposit account linked to your card) may be permitted. Additional information may be requested to verify that the business logo usage is acceptable
- Team logos or other content relating to any collegiate or professional sports team or sporting event (including the Olympic Games)
- Advertising, marketing or promotional material of any kind that you do not have the right to use on your Custom Card
- Any copyrighted materials that you do not have the right to use on your Custom Card including, but not limited to, professional photography, content downloaded from the Internet, performance art, motion pictures, broadcast materials, graphics, sculptures, artwork, literary work, cartoon characters or other works of authorship fixed in a tangible medium
- Images featuring individuals other than yourself, unless you have express written consent by the individual for use on your Custom Card
- Any form of provocative, lewd, sexually explicit or obscene content
- Nude or semi-nude people (including any images containing children in any form of undress)
- Profanity or obscenities (including obscene gestures)
- Content displaying people conducting or involving themselves in criminal or illegal activities or otherwise inappropriate behavior
- Content displaying names, descriptions or images of controlled substances including, but not limited to, alcohol, tobacco and drugs
- Firearms, weapons or ammunition
- Images portraying human or animal violence, cruelty, death, dying, blood or guts
- Content displaying human or animal fecal or urine matter
- Socially or culturally insensitive materials
- Any statements or symbols demonstrating the views and/or opinions of political or religious groups or other controversial subject matter
- Content or images portraying antisocial and socially unacceptable groups (e.g., cults, gangs, supremacy organizations, etc.)
- Libelous, defamatory or other content we deem offensive
- Racial, prejudicial, discriminatory, derogatory or other hateful subject matter
- Images of, or that portray the likeness of, celebrities, actors, musicians, athletes, public figures, politicians or other famous people
- Images of money/currency from any country
- Personal or corporate information including, but not limited to, account numbers, personal identification numbers (PIN), Social Security/Tax ID numbers, phone numbers, addresses, URL addresses (e.g., www.123.com), email addresses and social media addresses (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Images that interfere with the security features of the card or result in rejection or problems at point of sale
- Any pictures uploaded using the “Identify Yourself” template must represent a picture of the cardholder’s face
To upload images to the
M&T Custom Card Design Studio, please make sure your images meet the following requirements:
- The image you choose to upload must be saved to your computer's hard drive before uploading
- Image files must be in one of these formats: JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg), Bitmap (.bmp), GIF (.gif), TIFF (.tiff) or PNG (.png) formats
- The minimum file size is at least 50KB (kilobytes)
- The maximum file size cannot exceed 10MB (megabytes)
- Images must be at least 840 x 840 pixels in order to upload
How To Get Information About Your Image Properties
Want to find out if your image meets the above requirements?
PC Users. You can usually find file format, size and pixel dimensions by right-clicking on the file and selecting "Properties"
Mac Users. You can usually find pixel dimensions by clicking on the file and selecting "Get Info" (the method for finding this information may vary depending on your individual operating system)
Tips for Best Image Size and Resolution
To get the best image size and resolution, here are a few important tips that you may find helpful.
- Small images may reproduce poorly when printed on your card
- While in the design studio, if you increase the scale/size of your image too much, it may reproduce poorly when printed on your card
- For best results, use larger images with higher resolutions
- The time it takes for your image to upload depends on the size of your image and your Internet connection speed (larger images will take longer to upload)
- If your image is excessively slow to upload, please contact your Internet service provider for assistance
If you have questions or need help with your image upload, please contact us:
M&T Debit Cardholders
Call the M&T Telephone Banking Center at 1-800-724-2440.
M&T Business Debit Cardholders
Call the M&T Business Telephone Banking Center at 1-800-724-6070.DIS-222*-DIS
M&T Credit Card Cardholders
Call the M&T Credit Card Support Team at 1-866-279-0888.