What are encryption and tokenization technologies?
Encryption and tokenization are two separate technologies, that when paired together, help protect your customers’ sensitive card data and minimize the data loss impact to your business from a hack or breach.
Encryption transforms plain text (such as a credit card number) into a non-readable form through the use of an algorithm. Ideally, payment card numbers are encrypted at the point in which they are captured through the magnetic stripe swipe, chip card insertion, or online entry. By default, M&T-provided card terminals and gateways provide built-in encryption tools.
Tokenization replaces sensitive card data with a randomly generated and unique surrogate value called a “token.” Tokens replace payment card numbers for storage in merchant systems and use in recurring transactions and other business functions. In the process, account numbers are removed from your payment environment to render stolen data useless to hackers.
Help protect your organization – and your customers – from card data theft.
M&T Merchant Services offers the dual protections of encryption and tokenization through TransArmor®DIS-278-DIS to help you:
- Fight back against hackers and malicious software. TransArmor scrambles payment card numbers during the transaction with the latest encryption technology. Afterwards, it replaces that card data with tokens, storing only non-sensitive information in your systems
- Protect your brand and bottom line. Customers aren't the only ones who suffer when you face a data breach. Brand damage, loss of customer confidence, financial liability and litigation are all potential outcomes. By thwarting hackers, you're also helping protect a priceless asset: your reputation
- Limit business disruptions. In most cases, TransArmor is compatible with existing terminals. This feature often makes installation as easy as the flip of a switch
- Cover most transaction types. Card present, card not present, e-commerce, virtual terminals – TransArmor is compatible with nearly all transaction types
- Limit your PCI-DSS Scope. By removing cardholder data from your payment environment, TransArmor reduces your responsibilities for
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) compliance, the card industry standard for payment data security
There's too much at stake to leave yourself and your customers exposed. Contact us today to see if TransArmor can help your business.DIS-279*-DIS|DIS-222*-DIS