Secure the financing to make it your own.
Building your own home can be exciting and fulfilling. You get to design the space to suit your needs, taking into consideration things like energy efficiency, design and safety.
There are things to consider when building a home versus buying an existing home. More documentation is required and there is a longer wait to get into the home.
M&T has a construction lending program that can help make the process easier for you.
New Home Construction Loans
If you want to build, M&T may be able to help. M&T construction loans are available in Connecticut, Washington DC and certain counties in New York, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia, and Utah.
Our program offers borrower-friendly features including:
- Two-close construction financing for 1-unit primary residences and second homes
- Loan amounts up to $1.5 million
- End-loan financing up to 95% loan-to-value
- Affordable, interest-only payments during construction
- Construction terms up to 360 days